Objectives & Sequence: This lesson is intended to be used as a review of Grammar 1-2.
Students work in pairs and open the corresponding pages below.
On each page, students are presented with sentences. These sentences are intended to be answers for questions. One at a time, students read the answers to their partners, and the partner must try to guess the question.
On Student One's page:
- Answer: John called me at night.
- Question: Who called you at night?
John called me at night.
Hmmm... When did John call?
No, keep guessing!
Who called you at night?
That's it! Good job!
Students switch roles.
- Susan emailed me.
- Who emailed you?
- We flew to Hawaii on vacation.
- Where did you go (on vacation)?
- Chris is from the Transportation Safety Board.
- Who is from the Transportation Safety Board?
- She is landing on the lake.
- Where is she landing?
- She gets to the airport by bus.
- How does she get to the airport?
- I departed the airport at 0630.
- What time did you depart?
- My First Officer helped me.
- Who helped you?
- My father gave me the money for flight training.
- Who gave you the money?
- It costs $200 an hour to rent an aircraft.
- How much does it cost?
- My friend told me the tower frequency.
- Who told you the tower frequency?
- My instructor has grey hair.
- What colour hair does your instructor have?
- The flight attendant closed the door.
- Who closed the door?
- Pedro stole the GPS computer.
- What did Pedro steal?
- I went to work at 2200.
- What time did you go to work?
- She's talking on the frequency.
- What is she doing?
- My friend is going to fly.
- Who is going to fly?
- I work in the control tower.
- Where do you work?
- The student pilots will go home later.
- When will the student pilots go home?
- I painted the runway centre line.
- Who painted the runway centre line?