The following vocabulary words are used in this activity:
Students work in groups of three to four and open the corresponding pages.
Students take turns asking and answering discussion questions.
- Do you enjoy meeting new people? Why or why not?
- What are some popular greetings in English? One example of a greeting is "hello".
- About how many new people do you meet a week?
- Are you a friendly or unfriendly person?
- Do you like parties? Why or why not?
- Are you nervous when you meet someone new?
- Are you shy?
- Do you usually shake hands when you meet a new person? What about hugging?
- Is it OK to ask a person's age in your country?
- Where is the best place to meet new people?
- Is it easy for you to remember people's names?
- What is a popular thing to talk about when you meet someone?