The following vocabulary words are used in this activity:
In English, use capital letters in the following situations:
1. The first word of a sentence
- The new restaurant is very popular.
- She was pretty tired last night.
- That was an excellent movie.
2. The pronoun, I
- No, I'm not interested in golf.
- I exercise every day.
- My parents and I will meet you at 3 PM.
3. Proper names of people, companies, and products
- John and Diane are eating lunch in the kitchen.
- She wants to work for Samsung.
- Instagram is a popular app.
4. People's titles
- I am having dinner with Uncle Peter and Aunt Wendy.
- Ms. Brown is an excellent teacher.
- My family always goes to Dr. Wong.
- Please ask Professor Steinen for the homework.
If we are using these words without a name, we don't need to use capital letters:
- My uncle is a university professor.
- Let's ask the teacher a question.
- I want to be a doctor when I grow up.
5. Proper names of countries, cities, regions, and languages
- The biggest country in the world is Russia.
- My cousin is visiting London.
- Many people visit California every year.
- The Middle East is very hot in the summer.
- My husband can speak English and Spanish.
6. Days of the week, months, and holidays
- The class starts on Monday morning.
- My favourite month of the year is July.
- Do you have plans for Valentine's Day?
Open the exercise to begin the activity. Follow the instructions in the document.