In this lesson you will learn how to plan and structure the Task 2 essay.
Planning the essay
- Begin by deciding what your position is: do you agree? Disagree? Both equally? Mostly agree or mostly disagree? How will you state this position in one or two sentences?
- Do not start your second paragraph until you know which main ideas you are going to use in each paragraph to develop your position.
- Select two to four main ideas to form the paragraphs that come between your introduction and the conclusion.
- Think of at least two supporting details for each main idea.
- Decide which order the ideas should go in.
- Consider whether you can add any examples from your own experience of the topic.
Please open the exercise to continue.